Friday 12 July 2013

Easy Blending with your Mix'it Palette

Hi there, Claire  here with a quick tutorial to show you how you can use your Mix'it  Palette with your Graph'it markers to make blending loads easier. The Mix'It is a translucent surface that enables you to mix your Graph'It markers to blend beautifully and even to make new colours

 There are quite a few ways to use the Mix'it for example with the blender pen or to create totally new colours but today I'm just going to concentrate on blending with your markers I've used these colours and one of the lovely images from the Pretty Sweet CD from Polkadoodles.


I've used 5140 in the areas where the shade would be darkest


Next I've miixed 5140 with 5270 on the Mix'It and applied it with 5270. These pens are so juicy its almost like painting with this technique. Using the mix of ink I've gone around the coloured areas and extended in to the white space a little


Next I used 5270 on its own and then I've used the next shade 5120, mixing it with 5270 and again applying with the lighter shade extending a little further in to the white space.


Once again use the lighter shade 5120 on its own and then repeat the process using the lightest shade 5110 to apply the mix of inks 

Lastly, go over the entire area with 5110 to blend the colours. You may want to go in and add some depth to the darker areas


Finish colouring your image


and its ready to make your card


I hope you  enjoy using your Mix'It, you can clean it with your blender pen but I've had mine for about a year now and I never clean it. The colour looks as if its dried out but re-activates instantly with your blender pen so no need to worry about wasting ink 

Thanks for visiting, hope you're going to enter our Candy Colours Challenge, scroll down to see all the gorgeous projects from my teamies!
Claire xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is wonderful and wow that you can mix them - Im really liking these more and more
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tute Claire!! I might just have to have a go now that you've made it look so fab!! xx

    ReplyDelete

The Colour Crazy Design Team love to hear from you so please feel free to leave us a comment or question!